Since some children are little, they show what they like and may confess what they want to be when they grow up. But anything is truth until they actually become adults. However, some personality traits keep through their lives, like problem-solving, the interesting on computers and technology.
Do you see your kid spending long period’s time on the computer? Do you think he or she will become a computer programmer? Before they have consciousness everything is uncertain. If you see potential on your kid of being a computer programmer in the future, we will show you the signs that might help you identify it.
- Love team projects. Many programmers enjoy working with disciplinary teams. They also have great communications skills to explain complicated concepts to other people and departments. He goes well about working with a team. Compared with quiet or shy people, they are outgoing when it comes to working. They handle a professional relationship to get everything done on time.
- Cares about solving problem. If your kid has fun playing with puzzles or strategy games where it is necessary have patience and concentration to solve the problem, this is an indication that there are high chances to have a potential computer programmer in the family. Programming requires a lot of persistence.
- Is so detail oriented. Very carefully on every detail. This is important when the time to learn a computer programming comes. It is a personality thing that would make the difference.
- Likes making things. Curiosity is very important at this point. Does your kid like to build new things? Does he like to figure out how things work? Computer programmers love making things work and find reasons why is not working to explain it. They are very creative and intelligent. A new idea comes to their head they will do their best to defend it.
- Learns on his own, rather than been taught. Your kid is so anxious to find answers on his own, he will not wait for the class or the right person to explain to him. He will go to books, online or asks whoever can response. This is very important for a programmer. Most of the answers they have to figure it out on their own.
- Feels attractive to technologies. It seems obvious, but if your kid gets crazy with technology, computers, apps, games. Every new technology that comes out the kid wants it. Because he wants to know how it works, understands the characteristics of new inventions and is also able to compare in between. Maybe he is a potential computer programmer.
There are ways to teach kids how to program since they are little and it might be productive to even develop the potential if they have it. Tomek Kaczanowskilearned is a programmer who has been teaching programming to little kids through simple strategies.
The best way for kids to study programming with success is through games and fun. They will enjoy what they like without realizing they are learning. Kids absorb fast everything, this will be even a great experience for them.